Monday, September 26, 2011

1 Week Post Op

Okay, so I'm bad at keeping this updated. Maybe I will get better. Pre Op diet went well. I only cheated once. I ate taco salad, hehe, 3 days before surgery. I think that's good for having to drink mainly protein shakes for all meals for 2 weeks. The surgery went well. Hospital was great; doctor was phenomenal. Great guy!! The first 48 hours after surgery was horrid lol. But I have a very low pain tolerance, so I don't do pain very well. Had a lot of gas pain in my side; still have it in my side a week out. Can't wait till it goes AWAY!!! My wounds are healing pretty nicely. I've already lost 8 lbs since surgery day. I'm now at 181 as of this morning. I'm getting better at walking without hurting (from the gas).

I woke up yesterday morning rather late (11:30am). Started getting dehydrated (dizzy, hot flashes, etc.). Yeah....won't do that again. This morning, I was up at 7:30 and on TOP of that protein shake lol. I officially shaved my legs by myself this morning and wore jeans today for the first time since surgery. Pretty proud of those efforts :)

I have 1 week left of eating liquids. Then I move to soft foods for 2 weeks. Pretty excited about that. But I'm doing very well on liquids. Good thing I love soup, cause I'm enjoying them for meals everyday, strained of course. And I love my protein shakes. I think those will be a part of my mornings from here on out no matter what phase I'm in.

No comments:

Post a Comment