Sunday, September 4, 2011

So here we go!

Let me give a little history about my weigh loss journey up until now. My highest weight was 240. I was working in a cubicle in an office building sitting for the majority of the day, not to mention sitting next to the bakery department who brought in samples for merchandisers almost everyday. I worked in a regional grocery chain's corporate office. So anyhow, I decided back in May of 2010 to start a low carb diet just because you drop weight anytime you lower your carb intake. I've stuck with it for the majority in the last year and a half, but I climaxed in January at 50 lbs. lost, weighing 190. It is now September 2011 (9 months later) and I've managed not to be able to lose any more weight, although I've still been following the low carb diet.

My mom actually had the Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy at the same time I started my diet in 2010, and the diet was also an effort to somewhat compete with her weight loss. She won, of course. She's now at her goal of 140 and I'm still around 200. So in the last couple of weeks I've been talking to mom about having the procedure done myself. And after much reseach about the surgery and doctors, I've decided to go through with it. My surgery is on September 19, 2011. I'm 15 days away today. And I'm...well...nervous as crap lol.

I start my pre op diet tomorrow. Protein shakes for breakfast/lunch and salad with chicken for dinner this week. Next week I am strictly on protein shakes. Then the 3 days prior to surgery, I am strictly on clear liquids. This shall be fun :) But really, the benefits I will reap will make all the pain and suffering worth it lol. I may be living off my fiber chews so at least I fill full, but I will make it. No one ever starved from 2 weeks of minimal food, right? lol I'm only kidding. I'm not really stressing it. I'm actually very, very excited!!!

So here's my pic at 240.

Here's more of a recent pic about 200 lbs.

My goal is 115. From observing others who have had the surgery who started around my weight, they reached their goals in roughly 9 months. So we're looking at a good bikini summer next year, woohoo!!! I will be journaling pretty often hopefully as my mother encourages me to do so. And posting pics along my journey. Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment